Most people feel anxious from time to time, but when anxiety begins to disrupt daily life, it is time to slow down and ask for help. Perhaps you find yourself avoiding or recovering from anxiety instead of truly living, or you have tried your hardest to “relax,” but just can’t. Anxiety can manifest in many ways, and is different for each person.
Common Symptoms of Anxiety:
- Nervousness or restlessness
- Muscle tension or aches and pains
- Nausea, upset stomach, or loss of appetite
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Choking sensation
- Increased perspiring
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering things
- Disrupted sleep
- Obsessions or fixations on ideas, events, or people
- Alcohol/substance use to manage symptoms
Rest assured, anxiety is treatable. Research indicates that therapy is an effective method of managing and reducing anxiety symptoms. Medication can also be helpful, but treats symptoms and does not always get to the root of the problem. Therapy can help you learn how to live in the moment, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping skills. More importantly, I offer therapy to help you uncover the underlying cause of your fear and anxiety, and provide insight into your deepest self. For some people, it is not enough to cope with anxiety; They want to understand what it says about them, unlearn these old beliefs and behaviors, and replace them with new, healthy ones.
If you experience anxiety, you do not have to struggle in silence. Contact me today to begin your journey to healing.